JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
4040 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, FL 32837
Do you want luxury Orlando accommodations without the the chaos, commotion, and craziness of the Orlando theme parks? Your convenient escape is minutes away at the Grande Lakes Marriott property. Recently, I stayed at the JW Marriott which is also connected to the Ritz Carlton. As a JW Marriott guest, you have access to all the amenities at both luxury properties. I really enjoyed walking back and forth between the two hotels, enjoying a variety of high class dining and cafes, shops, pools, spa, event spaces and more.
As a “resort” property, it is a perfect balance for children and adults alike! During my childhood, my family flew from Boston to Orlando often to go to Disney World and the other theme parks nearby. My parents always decided that it was convenient to stay on Disney property at one of their themed resorts. Now, as a seasoned traveler, I found that staying at the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes was the perfect alternative to staying at one of the Disney property resorts.
In fact, after my stay, I came to the conclusion that the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes has so much to offer that you could possibly skip the Orlando theme parks and attractions to enjoy a lovely vacation just at the resort!
- Pools and Lazy River
- Greg Norman Golf Course–18 hole Par-72
- Tennis Courts
- Ritz Carlton Spa
- Fitness Center with classes
- Business Center
- Event Spaces
- Shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando
- And more!
Forgot something at home? No need to worry. There are cute convenient shops throughout the JW and Ritz Carlton to satisfy your shopping needs.
Restaurants: (Reviews to come)…
- Highball and Harvest
When we first arrived and entered the lobby, we looked at each other and silently mouthed, “Wow!” simultaneously. From the moment we walked in, we were captured by the beauty, elegance, and “palace-like” grande open floor plan design. It honestly took my breath away. High ceilings with open, airy spaces, not to mention fresh flowers and fruit-infused ice-water — we couldn’t ask for much more in a resort lobby.
The lobby was super busy–but we barely noticed… It was very quiet and staffed properly!
Upgrades for Platinum Elite members are based on availability at check-in and the JW Marriott had several events taking place during our stay, so upgrades were slim-pickings. We did not get a suite, but we did get an upgraded room with a spectacular view of the golf course and pool rather than a parking lot view. The room was spacious for a standard room. The bathroom had separate shower and bathtub. The bathroom design itself was not ideal–not as modern as the newer properties. The bathroom door blocked the bathtub so the movement of the bathroom didn’t flow. Also, our bathroom loses points for the noticeable water pressure problems. The bathroom had very low water pressure and at times no water at all! Halfway through a shower the water just cut off–about 30 seconds later it came back on…so bizarre. I contacted the “At Your Service” representative so that they could send an Engineer while we were at Epcot for the day. Later in the evening, they reported fixing the problem, but it still had the same intermittent issue the next day.
After a long day and evening at Epcot, we returned to the hotel room completely exhausted. A special delivery made it to our room compliments of the VIP Guest Coordinator. It was a wonderful surprise and a lovely gesture of appreciation for our Platinum Elite Status.
Beautifully manicured grounds, we went for a leisurely stroll throughout the two properties. The weather was perfect–sunny and not too hot!
In the evenings, enjoy a fire pit to roast marshmallows and create warm, gooey, and oh so delicious s’mores. What a great activity for kids and adults, too!
Bleu Restaurant located at the Ritz Carlton. Offering guests poolside service…
Quench Restaurant located at the JW Marriott pool and lazy river. Raise your flag for service to come to you!
- The property does not provide complimentary shuttle service to or from Orlando International Airport.
- No Executive Lounge
- No Free Breakfast for Elite Platinum (or Gold) Members
- Daily Resort Fee plus high parking rates
- Plumbing issues in room bathroom
- Conveniently located near the highway and all Orlando themed parks
- Free transportation to Disney
- Level of customer service exceeded expectations–includes VIP Coordinator, Valet, Bell Hop, Housekeeping, Restaurant Management, Pool Staff, etc.
- Beautiful, clean, spacious, elegant property–includes the lobby, grounds, restaurant, shopping, etc.
- We absolutely loved the lobby and the statement it makes to guests.
- Access to Ritz Carlton amenities as well as the JW Marriott amenities. Although we didn’t have time to go to the spa, several sources have said it is one of the best spas in the area. I hope to check it out next time!
- Handful of restaurants at different price points
All in all, JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes “Exceeded Expectations.” The level of service was fantastic.